Saturday, July 20, 2019

Cake mix



So, I finally tried using a cake mix with sparkly as the only liquid. But I don't drink much soda of any kind anymore (like maybe  1 to 2 cans worth a month, if that. I had some sparkling water though in the fridge from awhile ago and decided to try it. I not so long ago came across a blog that said it was good.

So, one box store brand yellow cake dumped in a mixing bowl. Emptied the can (12 ounce) of sparkling grapefruit water into it and whisked a min or two. Poured into a buttered and floured bundt pan and baked 30 minutes at 350. Once out of the oven, I let it sit in the pan 2-3 minutes and then turned it over on to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. It came out of the pan easily. 

While it was cooling, I made the icing. It is a teaspoon of vanilla, 4 drops of food coloring, close to 2 cups of powdered sugar, and enough water (just add a little at a time) make it thick enough to make it rope looking in appearance once mixed up. Drizzle over the cake and cool. 

The cake itself didn't rise quite as high overall I think. It was moist and very flavorful. However, it is very crumbly in a moist way. Lol. So, I would just say you should give it a try and see how you like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment